Specialists in deck and subsea equipment
Our Engineers deliver end-to-end solutions, from initial concept design and production, to finishing and assembly.
With a track record spanning over a decade, everything is manufactured within a quality-led environment, tested and certified to meet international standards.
Specialising in large-scale manufacturing for multiple sectors including marine, offshore wind, decommissioning, aerospace and defence, telecoms, mining, and construction.
Fabrication and machining
Experts in commercial engineering and fabrication, Motive supports clients working alongside leading operators worldwide, providing turnkey solutions via a team of highly skilled in-house designers and fabricator-welders.
A trusted partner for the sub-contract machining sector, we deliver fast, reliable turnaround on smaller scale and high-volume fabrication and machining scopes.
Services include horizontal and vertical boring, welding, machining, and drilling, with a
well-equipped facility housing industrial machinery such as:
- Vertical Turret Lathe, 108” chuck with 3m capacity
- Swift Lathe, 1800mm chuck with 3.2m capacity
- Giddings and Lewis Borer, 127mm spindle, table size 2.5m x 1m
Our greatest asset is the expertise and professionalism of our people. Decades of industry experience and a process-driven approach ensure our multidisciplinary Team can support the most demanding and precise project requirements, with the flexibility to adapt to any changing project requirements.
Motive Engineering provides a comprehensive range of vessel services, including mobilisations, deck equipment installations, sea-fastening, and repairs.
Our well-established vessel team is always ready to mobilise at short notice. The multi-disciplined crew includes Supervisors, Welder/Platers, NDT/MPI Technicians, and Firewatchers.
Covering UK ports since 2017, our team is available 24/7, 365 days a year. Our specially designed mobile welding workshop containers ensure a one-lift, safe and quick start to vessel operations, saving time on port calls.
Refurbishment, repair and maintenance
From long-term maintenance service agreements to one-off refurbishments, Motive provides full after-care services, helping keep your offshore and back-deck equipment running reliably and safely.
- Prolong the life of your assets
- Increase reliability
- Reduce operational costs
- Cost-effective alternative to investing in new equipment
Our refurbishment, repair, and maintenance services are available for both Motive or client-owned equipment and can be delivered at your worksite or ours.
Full services catered - from strip down, overhaul, and assembly, to painting, load testing, and certification.
Bring your older assets back to life.
Scope of services
- Design, manufacture, and testing of upgrades, modifications, and improvements to equipment and systems
- Servicing of hydraulic motors
- Manufacture and installation of replacement small-bore tubing, piping, and hoses
- Cleaning and repair of components, machining of replacements
- Procurement and supply of spare parts
- Hydraulic system flushing and fluid conditioning
- Blasting and painting
- Inspection, maintenance, refurbishment, testing, and calibration of mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, electronic & PLC systems
- FAT and load testing
Looking for Engineering services?
We offer a fully bespoke design and fabrication service - all equipment is proudly manufactured onsite at our 30-acre facility in Scotland.