Motive Offshore Group is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any Personal Information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Motive Offshore Group Ltd. Located at Motive Base, Cairnton Road, Boyndie Drome, Banff, Aberdeenshire, AB45 2LR
The website may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Information to these websites.
By visiting and using this website, you are agreeing to the terms of this policy.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following Personal Information about you:
· Personal Information that you provide by filling in forms on the website including, but not limited to:- name; email address and telephone number
· If you contact us, we may keep a record of the correspondence
· We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you are no obliged to complete them
· Details of your visits to website [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
· We will not sell, distribute or lease your Personal Information to third parties unless we have your permission; are required to do so by law; and/or to operate our systems properly, administer the website, or protect ourselves or other website users
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They also enable us to:
· estimate our audience size and usage pattern
· store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our website according to your individual interests
· speed up your searches
· recognise you when you return to the website
Where we store your personal data
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Information is secure. However, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to the website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of personal information
· To provide you with the information and services that you request from us
· To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about
· To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you
· To notify you about changes to our services
· To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
· To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
· To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
· To keep our website safe and secure
· To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
· To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them
· To process job applications
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access Personal Information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act, for which we may charge a small fee. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.