The Motive Offshore Group is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any Personal Information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. We may be required by law to collect certain personal information about you or as a consequence of any contractual relationship we have with you. Failure to provide this information may prevent or delay these obligations being met.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018, the Data Controller is the Motive Offshore Group Ltd. located at Motive Base, Cairnton Road, Boyndie Drome, Banff, Aberdeenshire, AB45 2LR
The Motive Offshore Group website may contain direct links or hyperlinks to and from the websites of our affiliates, partner networks and advertisers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, you are leaving our site. Please note that such websites have their own privacy policies and the Motive Offshore Group does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
The Motive Offshore Group has no control over, does not endorse and is not liable for the quality, operation, reliability, compliance with laws, ethics, business practices, nor content of such third party websites, or for any product or service advertised or provided therein. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Information to these websites. Any transactions with such third party sites are strictly at your own risk. The Motive Offshore Group expressly disclaims all liability arising from your access of and for the content contained within or through any third party website.
By visiting and using this website, you are agreeing to the terms of this policy.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following Personal Information about you:
- Personal Information that you provide by filling in forms on the website (e.g. name, email address, telephone number and mailing address)
- Account details (e.g. username and password)
- Professional details (e.g. employer, job title and primary job responsibilities)
- Communications - If you contact us, we may keep a record of the correspondence (e.g. when you submit questions or comments, select email marketing communication preferences, indicate areas of interest, subscribe to newsletters or participate in surveys etc.)
- Technical information automatically collected from your computer or mobile device (e.g. your IP address, browser type and operating system)
- Details of your visits to our website (e.g. pages you visit, search items you enter, how often you visit).
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They also enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our website according to your individual interests
- speed up your searches
- recognise you when you return to the website
Cookies will not be used to track your activities outside of the Site or for any purpose not disclosed herein.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide the information, goods, services or materials you have requested, verify your identity when you access and use our services, and ensure the security of your personal information. This is so we can comply with our contractual obligations to you.
- Analyse information about how you use our services to provide an improved experience for our customers. It is in our legitimate interests to understand any issues with our services and improve them.
- To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- Communicate with you, for example if we are providing information about changes to our services or the Terms and Conditions of Use or if you contact us with questions. It is in our legitimate interests that we are able to provide you with appropriate responses and provide you with notices about our services.
- Build a profile about you and place you into particular marketing segments in order to understand your preferences better and to appropriately personalise the marketing messages we send to you. It is in our legitimate interests to provide more relevant and interesting advertising messages. Where necessary, we will obtain your consent before sending such marketing messages.
- Process an application you submit to work for us or provide information related to job opportunities or recruitment generally. It is in our legitimate interests to consider the qualifications of job applicants and to communicate with potential applicants regarding job opportunities. When necessary, we will obtain your consent before sending such communications.
- Exercise our legal rights where it is necessary to do so, for example to detect, prevent and respond to fraud claims, intellectual property infringement claims or violations of law or our Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Carry out fraud prevention checks or comply with other legal or regulatory requirements, where this is explicitly required by law.
We may also encrypt your personal information in such a way that you may not reasonably be re-identified by us or any other company, and may use this encrypted information for any other purpose.
Protection and Retention your personal data
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Information is secure. However, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to the website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We evaluate and update these measures on a regular basis.
We retain your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. When deciding how long to keep your personal information after our relationship with you has ended, we take into account our legal obligations. We may also retain records to investigate or defend against potential legal claims.
How and When We Share Your Personal Information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your Personal Information to third parties unless we have your permission; are required to do so by law; and/or to operate our systems properly, administer the website, or protect ourselves or other website users.
We may transfer or disclose your information to our affiliates, divisions, employees, partners, contractors and external providers, subject to use only as set forth herein.
We also may disclose your Personal Information to any person, specifically to any governmental agency, without notice, if we in good faith believe that such disclosure is required in order to comply with law, to protect our rights or interests, and in response to any emergency situation.
International Data Transfer
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country that is not regarded as providing the same level of protection for personal information as the laws of your home country, and may be available to the government of those countries under a lawful order made in those countries.
We have put in place appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to provide protection for your personal information. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Process, Authorised Access and Registered Users
Sections of this site are exclusively reserved for the use of persons who have been granted authorisation for access. No other persons other than authorised users may access secured sections of this site. Passwords and registration are non-transferable. You are solely responsible and liable to maintain the security and confidentiality of this password and accordingly, are liable for all activities on this site that may arise from use of this password, even if such unauthorised users have not been specifically authorised by you or who have fraudulently or in error obtained this password.
We cannot verify that any user accessing this site with a password is the individual authorised to do so, and therefore, through accessing this site and providing a password, we are solely relying on your representation of authenticity. Should you become aware that your name, account, or password is being used or attempted to be used on this site or otherwise by an unauthorised person, or in the event of any other possible misuse or fraud, it is your responsibility to inform us immediately so we may take appropriate action. We reserve the right in our sole judgment and discretion to terminate any user's access to and use of secured sections of the site at any time, and without notice, for any reason, including but not limited any possible or alleged misuse, fraud, or misconduct by any person accessing or using the site under your user name and password.
You have certain rights regarding the Personal Information we hold about you. These may include the rights to access, correct, delete, restrict or object to our use of your Personal Information. Where you have provided your consent to any use of your personal information, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
You may contact us at email@example.com to update or correct the Personal Information we hold about you or to discuss or exercise other rights you may have under law. Please note that we may require additional information from you in order to honour your requests. We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you may have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority of your country of residence.
Last updated 23rd May 2018