GLOBAL 1201 SPOOLING WINCH SERVICES FOR TECHNIP FMC
Motive FZE was contracted by Technip FMC to supply a 75Te WLL Spooling Winch and a technician to remove and install crane wires on the G1201 at the Drydocks facility, Dubai.
Following an earlier hire, an additional request was placed to Motive for a follow-up rental. A new winch was required to be mobilised and delivered to the client within 4 weeks.
Generally, this scope is standard supply for Motive, however, on this occasion there was not a Spooling Winch readily available for the job and not enough time to send an alternative winch from another Motive base.
In order to fulfil the client requirement, Motive FZE committed to manufacturing a Spooling Winch in the UAE within a 25-day timescale.
Motive FZE successfully manufactured and delivered the required winch to its client on time.
- Time required for Motive Engineering design team to design, verify and issue fabrication drawings – 3 days
- Fabrication of all steel parts and welding work - 12 days
- Blasting and painting (1st coat and 2nd coat) – 2 days
- Assembly and fitting hydraulic components – 4 days
- Final coat of paint – 1 day
- Testing and certification – 2 days