A vacancy has arisen for the position of a Hydraulic Chargehand at the Motive Offshore Group Boyndie facility.
This role will suit an experienced Hydraulic Technician with a passion for problem solving, fast moving projects delivered to tight deadlines and who has the ability to Supervise and mentor team members.
Reporting to the Workshop Manager, the Hydraulic Chargehand will be required to:
• Assist with troubleshooting on, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Inspect and overhaul valves, motors, pumps and other hydraulic components.
• Continually demonstrate safe operation of hydraulic test equipment.
• Maintain housekeeping in workshop. Ensure all work areas are clean and tidy including company transport.
• Safe operation of machinery, hand tools, lifting equipment and ensure job materials and equipment are correctly used.
• Understand assembly drawings complete with bills of material and hydraulic schematics.
• Supervise and mentor Hydraulic Technicians.
• Provide Operational support to other departments as needed.
• Attendance and participation in regular Production Meetings.
• Develop strong working relations with key stake-holders – clients, colleagues etc.
Required skills / knowledge:
• Capacity to multi-task in an organised approach and ability to deal with fast moving projects.
• Must have the ability to work on their own and lead a team.
• HNC in engineering trade or relevant trade experience.
• Time served in a hydraulic technician role.
• Fault diagnosis skills
• Experience of working in a similar role is essential.
• Willingness to travel to offsite locations when required.
How to Apply:
Applicants should either:
- Complete an application form and submit along with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send their CV with a covering letter to:
David Halkett, Production Manager, Motive Offshore Group, Boyndie Drome, Banff, AB45 2LR
Closing Date: 26th July 2019