A vacancy has arisen for the position of a Fabrication Chargehand at the Motive base in Boyndie.
The Fabrication Chargehand will be overseeing a team of fabricators and under the supervision of the Welding and Fabrication Coordinator.
The role will be to ensure the effective running of the fabrication workshop. The post holder will ensure products are manufactured efficiently, within the allocated delivery schedule as per operational planner and ensure all work is carried out in compliance with relevant Health, Safety and Quality guidelines.
- Location: Boyndie
- Hours: Permanent - 40 hours per week
- Have overall responsibility for all activities performed in the fabrication workshop.
- Carry out pre and post shift tool box talks.
- Ensure that all manufacturing items comply with the specifications stated on the drawing.
- Ensure employees are suitably trained and experienced for the task they are allocated.
- Ensure that items are assembled to the specifications stated on the drawings and as per Motives procedures.
- Ability to read, understand and disseminate technical drawings and converse with the technical requirements of the task in hand.
- Promote and encourage ownership and accountability for all staff and workforce within their areas of responsibility.
- Identify and provide appropriate tools and equipment, instruction and technical data to operatives.
- Ensure the continued use of equipment provided for the protection of personnel health and safety such as wearing of PPE and RPE; use of LEV, use of HAV Wear Watches etc.
Required skills / knowledge:
- Previous experience in MIG, TIG and Flux Core welding is essential.
- The ability to influence and communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- The ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organisation.
- Well-developed coaching and leadership skills, both on a formal and informal basis.
- Strong organisation skills.
- Good judgement and decision making skills.
- Have an ability to deal with fast moving projects.
- Must be safety conscious and apply a good quality approach to their work.
How to Apply
Please send your CV/covering letter. Closing Date: 25th January 2021apply now